University of Houston, Conrad Hilton College of Hotel & Restaurant Management, B.S.
Certified Hotel Administrator from the American Hotel and Lodging Association Educational Institute
Urban Land Institute – Co-Chair North Texas Hotel Product Advisory Council
Alumni Board of Directors – UH Hilton College of Hotel & Restaurant Management
Mr. Binford brings over 40 years of hospitality experience with diverse disciplines, including individual and multi-property management, market feasibilities and appraisals, franchise and management agreements, asset management, and individual and mixed-use hospitality developments. Mr. Binford has served clients as Advisor, Receiver, Property Manager and Asset Manager. As Senior Vice President for Garfield Asset Management, he is responsible for the asset management of a portfolio of hotels for third-party owners and lenders. He also conducts market due diligence and fiscal and economic impact analyses for hotels, convention centers, sports and entertainment properties and other public/private developments.
- Westin Irving Convention Center – Las Colinas – 350-room full-service HQ hotel adjacent to 275,000-SF Irving Convention Center in Irving, TX
- Conroe Hyatt Regency and Convention Center – 250-room full-service HQ hotel and convention center in Conroe, TX (under construction)
- Baytown Hyatt Regency and Convention Center – 208-room full-service HQ hotel and convention center in Baytown, TX (under construction)
- DoubleTree Abilene Convention Center Hotel – 200-room full-service convention center HQ hotel in Abilene, TX (under construction)
- Lubbock County Expo Center – 430,000-SF 10,000-seat multi-purpose arena and expo complex in Lubbock, TX (in design)
- Amarillo Convention Center Complex – new arena and exhibit hall and renovations to existing complex in Amarillo, TX (in planning)
- Delta Hotel and Convention Center in Wichita Falls, TX – 250-room full-service HQ hotel adjacent to Wichita Falls Multi-Purpose Event Center (construction begins in 2022)
- Katy Boardwalk Hotel and Convention Center in Katy, TX – HQ hotel as part of a mixed used development in Katy, TX (construction expected to begin in 2023)